The AA Driving School, nationwide UK Reviews

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“Terrible customer service + no refund.”

Written on: 01/08/2022 by 496Murdock (1 review written)

On Fri 8th July I changed driving instructors (purely temporarily as my instructor was away on holiday for an extended period of time - other than that he was brilliant). I tried to book lessons with a new instructor but the system said I had no credit left (I should have had 6 hours).I was then told that I had been refunded for the remaining 6hrs lessons I had left (I have not received this money). I tried to top up with 4 hours in the mean time but my account is saying I have -2 hours in… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/08/2022

Hi there, we'd like to help with this refund. Please contact us via our Live chat team which can be found on our website or through our other social media channels.

Read 1 Comment

“Unable to get refund or reply to complaint”

Written on: 24/07/2022 by stevenlant49 (1 review written)

My partner took driving lessons with AA Driving School in Stevenage. On two occasions the instructor asked to change lesson at short notice to accommodate another student for their driving test, which was ok. When it came to my partner’s test the instructor said he couldn’t change lessons to accommodate her. We had to make our own arrangements for a car & qualified driver for the test. We had paid for 6 more hours. We had to complain 3 times to get a refund, but only received 2 hours back… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to stevenlant49's Review

Written on: 25/07/2022

Hi, sorry to see you feel this way, we have up to 8 weeks to look into and resolve a complaint, but we'll always do our best to get it sorted sooner. Each new one you log, will add on additional time to the process. Our Customer Solutions team will be in touch as soon as they've reached a final response.

Stevenlant49's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 26/07/2022

What a poor response. My initial complaint was a request for help for a driving test that was a week away. What use is having to wait 8 weeks? I have had no acknowledgement to ANY of my emails & messages, as far as I know they haven’t even been read! Obviously the AA having taken our money has lost interest in a customer, perhaps someone will have the gumption to actually look at my complaints & help with my refund. My final transaction was to cancel 3 pre-paid double lessons & re-book one double lesson. Surely that means I’m owed for 2 double lessons, not particularly hard to check. Nothing can be done for letting us down for the driving test but an acknowledgment of your failings would have gone a long way instead of ignoring us. Totally disappointed ☹️

The Aa's reply to Stevenlant49's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2022

You can log a request for help through our Live chat team instead of logging a complaint and having to wait for us to follow the processes set out for that. The Customer Solutions team will be dealing with them in the order they come in and will get back to you as soon as possible. Refunds can be processed through the app, or again through Live chat.

Stevenlant49's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2022

Hello. I’m not being awkward, but I tried the chat team before I made my complaint. I explained that the AA app didn’t show all my lessons as my instructor changed a fee to suit his needs & rebooked some. I asked the chat agent to provide a full log of the bookings, changes & cancellations but she said I should speak to my instructor. I left two messages for him but he never replied. I tried chat line again & the agent said she couldn’t help. You will have a record of these chat exchanges if you check. I am happy to discuss but my experience so far is one of pure frustration. If you really want to help, please contact me or provide the means for me to contact you. I am sure this can be resolved if you are genuine about your standards.

The Aa's reply to Stevenlant49's Comment

Written on: 28/07/2022

We don't have enough details from your username to look into it from here, and we're unable to provide contact info details through this site. Our Customer Solutions team will be in touch when they've looked into your complaints.

Read 5 Comments

“Excellent driving instructor from the AA”

Written on: 23/06/2022 by Vudoo25 (1 review written)

I have been learning with the AA instructor. I can honestly say he has been Excellent with his teachings. I have a test soon, and I'm very confident in passing 1st time, thanks to my instructor Abdulagafoor. I can't thank him enough and I recommend him highly for anyone learning to drive in thr Bletchley area… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Vudoo25's Review

Written on: 27/06/2022

Hi Vu, we're delighted to hear how helpful Abdulagafoor is and wish you the best of luck for your driving test.

“Lazy ”

Written on: 03/06/2022 by CAB009 (1 review written)

Your experience of the AA driving school will depend very much on your instrutor. Unfortunately, my son's was lazy. We started using him for a test that was booked 5 months ahead. We reminded him of the date of the test all the way through but he failed to prepare my son for the test. In 38 hours of lessons, he didn't use a Sat Nav once. He didn't do any practice tests or take my son through the format of the test. We had to drive 40 minutes to drop my son outside his front door. He… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to CAB009's Review

Written on: 03/06/2022

Hi there, we're sorry you've been left disappointed. Our instructors will plan lessons that are designed to flex around individual needs and set a pace that suits you. Our instructors will have the areas where they teach, and can always contact us if things change and you need to change instructors. If there's anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to use the live chat on our website.

Cab009's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 03/06/2022

I contacted you over a week ago to ask for a refund for our credit because we weren't happy. You didn't reply and didn't give us a refund. I would appreciate your help with this.

And just to clarify, we weren't asking the driving instructor to meet outside his area. He was an Oxford instructor and we were driving from Wallingford to Oxford to meet him. We wanted to meet at the Sainsbury's carpark as we drive into Oxford (this is an area covered by the driving test routes). However, he insisted that we drive on through Oxford traffic to the street by his house. I used to wait here at the end of the lesson but he never dropped my son back at my car. He used to drop him off in a neighbouring street and leave him to find his way back to me, even when it was raining or dark. This is why I titled my review 'Lazy'.

Read 2 Comments

“Excellent driving instructor ”

Written on: 27/05/2022 by Kez07 (1 review written)

My rating is based on the excellent teaching I received from my instructor Shahid. Initally I was a nervous driver, but my instructor was great at building my confidence. My instructor was patient and gave me clear insructions regarding driving techniques. During my lessons my instructor pointed out sections of the test routes where students failed so I could practice.At the end of each lesson, he would give me feedback on my driving and we'd discus areas to focus on for the next lesson… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Kez07's Review

Written on: 28/05/2022

We're over the moon reading this Kez, so chuffed Shahid was able to help so much. Thanks for your feedback :).

Read 1 Comment

“Stay away this company if you value your time and money”

Written on: 11/05/2022 by caglars (1 review written)

Purchased a 4 hours lesson but they only gave me 2 hours. Called their stupid customer service phone number and stayed on the line for 45 minutes, no answer. Sent them a bunch of emails, but no answer.Used their stupid website to sent messages, but still no answer. They are the worst… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to caglars's Review

Written on: 11/05/2022

Hi, all our advisors are working remotely now. They are available online between Mon-Fri 9am and 5pm. Please click to chat on our website so we can get this looked into straight away.

Caglars's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2022

I did use your website and you did not respond to me. Also, why don't you let customers know about working remotely so that they can know that none of the numbers you provide on your website is responsive?????

Read 2 Comments

“Catastrophic service and instructors ”

Written on: 10/05/2022 by Gentrycm1994 (1 review written)

Manchester - AA absolutely appalling service. The first driving instructor's vehicle broke down during the second lesson I had to get an UBER back to the location. The second instructor canceled the lesson the same day due to illness. Then kept canceling in favor of other students. The lessons finally started consistently for five weeks sometime two lessons a week then they advise during a lesson I must look for another instructor because the pickup location is not convenient for them. The… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/05/2022

Hi, we're sorry to hear you've been left feeling this way and hope you've since managed to contact the Customer service team. The quickest way to log this is via the online chat team so this can be looked into. They are available Mon-Fri 9am until 5pm.

“Appalling service.”

Written on: 03/05/2022 by Craigr12 (1 review written)

Do not use AA!! You will month gaps in between your lessons which I kind of understand due to backlog of covid and so on. However when you buy hours, for example 10 it’ll show you only bought 8. When The structure cancels you don’t get your money back and hrs aren’t put back into your account. I will be doing my last lesson as you can’t cancel 48hrs before your lesson (but your instructors can). You can’t speak to anybody because everything is computerised. I put in a complaint and… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Craigr12's Review

Written on: 05/05/2022

Hi there, we're sorry you've been left to feel this way. Your first lesson with us will be 2 hours. So 8 will if you purchased 10 hours. We can look into and chase anything for you. Please head to our driving school web page and click the live chat button, and we'll be happy to help. Lines are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.

Read 1 Comment

“Terrible , unprofessional didn’t teach properly. ”

Written on: 19/04/2022

I had an AA instructor in Feltham. Had about 30 less with her. She knew i had a test booked and kept teaching me the same thing,every lesson didn’t give information in enough detail. Didn’t explain the rules of the test or give any advice. 10 days before my test after asking if she will give me the car for the test she refused and her intention wasn’t to give me her car at all. Only when I questioned she said no. Knowing how difficult it was to book or change a test date she didn’t… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/05/2022

Hi, so we can look into this, please can you contact us via private message on one of our social media channels.

Shabazahmed1233's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2022

Many thanks for your reply. Which social media channel can i contact you on?

Written on: 03/05/2022

You can contact us on Facebook or Twitter.

Read 3 Comments

“Couldn’t have been any better”

Written on: 05/04/2022 by NikolasEwing61 (1 review written)

My driving instructor made it as difficult as possible as it came up to my test, to make sure I was ready. Always gave me positive criticism and making sure I knew what I had to do and what to avoid. Without his help I couldn’t have passed, would recommend him to anyone… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/04/2022

Hi Nikolas, thanks for your amazing review. We're so happy to hear you've passed your test and best of luck on the roads.

Written on: 21/04/2022

Hi there, we're sorry to hear you feel this way, and we'd like to look into this. If you haven't already, please contact us directly via private message through one of our social media channels and include your pupil id, full name and postcode.

Read 2 Comments

“Amazing, couldn’t have been luckier to receive my...”

Written on: 28/03/2022 by Jasminerobbb (1 review written)

My instructor really does it all himself I’m pretty sure, he’s an amazing teacher, amazing at communicating and understanding. Helps conquer any fears you my have driving with little but huge steps. He plans so professionally and you can give ur own input on if there’s anything you want to work on urself that lesson. He deserves the world honestly !… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Jasminerobbb's Review

Written on: 29/03/2022

Thanks for this awesome review. We're delighted you're happy with your instructor :-)

Read 1 Comment

“UNPROFESSIONAL TEACHING MANNER & NO TEACHING PLAN-...”

Written on: 22/02/2022 by 444Rhodes (1 review written)

Please do not go for the instructor. She normally teaches around Finchley/Eash Finchley/Barnet (North London) area. She has showed the following characteristics of bad driving instructors, even though most of her advice about driving safety is important. Honestly, driving safety is crucial, that I fully agree with her. 1. Keep shouting at learner and nagging you from day 1 about how bad you drive and what you should not do, whilst the beginner driver should be encouraged to first practise the… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/02/2022

Hi there, we're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'd like to look into this. Please contact us directly via private message through one of our social media channels and include your pupil id, full name and postcode.

Read 1 Comment

“Do Not Use this service !!!”

Written on: 10/01/2022 by AngelPotter488 (1 review written)

I booked my first driving lesson with the AA thinking that I would get premium service from a company with a generally good reputation. Instead I was left waiting for a driver for half an hour who never showed up only to be sent an email 5 hours after my lesson was booked telling me that the lesson had been cancelled. I'm still struggling to get a refund as they hold your money in the form of credit on their site. The bare minimum I expect is to be called beforehand about a cancellation as I… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/01/2022

Hi, sorry to hear about your lesson being cancelled. You can request a refund through the online portal or app. If you need help with this, please visit our web site and click to live chat with us, between Mon to Fri 9am-5pm.

“Terrible service”

Written on: 09/01/2022

Extremely disappointed with the AA driving school. I booked a block of lessons and the instructor cancelled or postponed more lessons than he gave, often a short notice. I requested a refund and submitted a complaint at the time and have had no response from the AA. I have since submitted a further three refund requests and three complaints, and still nothing. There is no answer when I call and the live chat is unavailable. I will now have to go down the route of raising a visa dispute… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/01/2022

Hi there, we're sorry you've been left to feel this way. Since the pandemic, we've had to change the way we work. You can chat with us through webchat on our website during our opening hours - Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.

We'd like to help you with this. Please can you email a copy of this review, your full name, pupil ID, and contact number to us.

Read 1 Comment

“Can't recommend my instructor enough.”

Written on: 07/01/2022

my Instructor from South Birmingham is the best driving instructor around. Endlessly patient and encouraging. Can't recommend her enough, she exceeded our expectations, nothing was too much trouble. Thrilled to have passed first time… Read Full Review

“VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE & INSTRUCTOR”

Written on: 03/01/2022 by HUTCH2 (1 review written)

I have been liaising with the AA in respect of my complaint since 9 OCTOBER 2022 , ie refund of 6 hours instead of the 4 hours refunded, ie Booked: 17 Sept 5pm 24 Sept 5pm 2 Oct 9.30am 9 Oct 9.30am 16 Oct 12pm 22 Oct 4.30pm 6 Nov 9.30am Booked lessons 16th and 22nd October cancelled but not the 6 November at 9.30am. The AA confirmed a refund of the 4 hours after a live chat which was ridiculously hard to get through after 3 weeks of trying. The amount of £115.08 but as of today’s date 3… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to HUTCH2's Review

Written on: 06/01/2022

Hi, we're sorry to see you've been struggling to get through on our Live chat. We don't have an active phone number since before the pandemic which will be why you're not getting any response there. If you send us an email and a copy of this review, along with your Pupil ID and phone number, we'll get this sorted.

Read 1 Comment

“awful digital system - take money for no lessons”

Written on: 13/12/2021 by Wells25 (1 review written)

The AA driving school is now a plain digital system that means you cannot call anyone. In early November we booked some lessons which were cancelled just a few days before actual lesson. Then there were no further lessons available. I called once and was promised a refund. I tried to call 4 weeks later - and found that there is no one behind the phones anymore - everything is just digital. I then was promised a refund a second time - but was not given any confirmation email for "data protection… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/12/2021

Hi there, we're sorry to see you've been left to feel this way. If the lesson bookings are in somebody else's name, we'll only be able to share information with that person. We've changed the way we work during the pandemic, but you can still speak with an advisor. They're available on our website via the live chat.
Lines are open Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm.

Read 1 Comment

“Great Driving Instructor ”

Written on: 07/12/2021 by aviado (1 review written)

My driving instructor was super helpful. He will tell you exactly the areas you need to improve on and gives good advice! Highly recommend… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to aviado's Review

Written on: 08/12/2021

Just what we like to hear, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. Congratulations on passing your test.

“Such a bad experience ”

Written on: 04/12/2021 by Olaldulaimi (1 review written)

My driving instructor is not patient at all and shouts all the time and called me rude for not replying to him while being nervous in driving and I needed time to answer him properly. He definitely didnt make the lessons friendly and it was stressful with him all the time.thought by paying more than any driving school that i would get better experience but was disappointed… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Olaldulaimi's Review

Written on: 06/12/2021

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We've replied to your messages on Facebook, please continue to speak to us there so we can help look into this.

Read 1 Comment

“My Instructor was amazing and helped me pass first time!”

Written on: 29/11/2021 by emmv (1 review written)

Highly recommend my instructor who had a great style of teaching and whose calm, expert and professional instructing helped me pass first time! He was extremely patient, attentive and supported me right up until the test. Learning how to drive with him was a great experience and I really enjoyed our lessons. Most importantly he has made me a safe and responsible driver. I would highly recommend him to everyone!… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to emmv's Review

Written on: 30/11/2021

Firstly, a huge congratulations on passing your test, we're over the moon for you. Secondly, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review, it's lovely to hear your Instructor was able to offer such a high level of support, and help you build your confidence on the roads. Enjoy your new found freedom.